Cotton Club Diva
The singer Esther Ovejero and jazz music will be the stars of "Cotton Club Diva", leading us through a great selection of songs performed in the cinema by great music female legends. It is a tribute to the mythical New York nightclub and the title of Francis Ford Coppola’s film about the troubled era of Prohibition in the United States. The program will include songs like 'I say a little prayer for you ', immortalized by Dionne Warwick and Aretha Franklin and part of soundtracks for films such as' My Best Friend's Wedding' or 'The Valley of the Dolls'; 'Feeling good', by Nina Simone, which we remember from 'Point of no return’, 'Killing me softly with his song', which granted three Grammy Awards to Roberta Flack, included in the comedy 'A Big Boy', with Hugh Grant and a very young Nicholas Hoult.
- Mo’ Better Blues (Terence Blanchard) - Mo’ Better Blues
- Dick Tracy (Madonna) - Sooner or Later
- The Fabulous Baker Boys (Dave Grusin) - Makin’ Whoopee
- The Russia House (Jerry Goldsmith) - Alone in the World
- Round Midnight (Herbie Hancock) - Round Midnight
- Breakfast at Tiffany's (Henry Mancini) - Moon River
- Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley) - Pure Imagination
- Sabrina (y sus amores) (John Williams, Alan Bergman & Marilyn Bergman) - Moonlight
- Play Misty for Me (Erroll Garner) - Misty
- About a Boy (Roberta Flack) - Killing me Softly
- My Best Friend’s Wedding (Aretha Franklin) - I Say a Little Prayer
- The Fabulous Baker Boys (Dave Grusin) - My Funny Valentine
- Cafe Society (Richard Rodgers & Lorenz Hart) - The Lady is a Tramp
- Esther Ovejero: Voz.
- David Quevedo: Piano y arreglos.
- Tanausú Santana: Contrabajo.
- Kike Perdomo: Saxo.
- Nasim López-Palacios: Batería.