- Jonay Armas wins the FIMUCINEMA Alex North Award for Best Original Score for a Fiction Feature Film for ‘Gleich’.
The jury of the Official Competition Section of the 16th edition of the Festival Internacional de Música de Cine de Tenerife (FIMUCITÉ), FIMUCINEMA, presided by composer Santi Vega, alongisde 3D and 2D animator Yaiza Ramos and composers Josué Vergara and Sara López, have given the 2022 Fimucinema Alex North Award for Best Original Score for a Fiction Feature Film to the pianist and composer from Gran Canaria Jonay Armas, for ‘Gleich’, “a well-balanced musical narrative support”.
The award winners of the current edition of Fimucinema, as coordinated by Manuel Díaz Noda, were announced on Tuesday the 4th of October during a special event which took place in the Espacio La Granja de Santa Cruz de Tenerife, where some of the nominated short films were screened.
The Fimucinema Award for Best Original Score for a Documentary has gone to Nainita Desai, for her work on ‘The Reason I Jump’, “for the originality with which she transforms feelings into music with minimal, yet necessary, elements, in a sensitive and elegant manner”.
In the Short Film category, the Fimucinema Award for Best Original Score has gone to Ros Gilman, for ‘The Last Cloudweaver’, for which “the marrying of all the narrative elements for a production in a short space of time, weaving a musical suit that fits the film” stood out.
With regards to the category for Best Original Song, the Fimucinema Award ha gone to Antonio Torella for ‘Ad Alma’, for “a song that tackles a difficult subject, without being mawkish, and making the song itself the central element of the whole production”.
Finally, the new Award, for Best Original Score for a Videogame, goes to the music of Javier Colmen for ‘Windfolk’, “for the originality of a proposal that is uncommon in this genre of videogames, giving a more open and colourful spectrum, which invites one to play”.
FIMUCITÉ is sponsored by Cabildo de Tenerife, Gobierno de Canarias, Ayuntamiento de Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Ayuntamiento de San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Auditorio de Tenerife y Orquesta Sinfónica de Tenerife, Teleférico del Teide, with the suppor of Fundación Disa, Emmasa, Fundación SGAE -via the Consejo Territorial de SGAE in the Canary Islands-, Fundación “la Caixa” via CaixaBank, and the collaboration of Domingo Alonso Group and AUDI as the official Festival car.
FIMUCINEMA 2022 WINNERS
- FIMUCINEMA Alex North Award for Best Original Score for a Fiction Feature Film: Jonay Armas, for ‘Gleich’.
- FIMUCINEMA Award for Best Original Score for a Documentary: Nainita Desai, for ‘The Reason I Jump’.
- FIMUCINEMA Award for Best Original Score for a Videogame: Javier Colmen, for ‘Windfolk’.
- FIMUCINEMA Award for Best Original Score for a Short Film: Ros Gilman, for ‘The Last Cloudweaver’.
- FIMUCINEMA Award for Best Original Song: Antonio Torella, for ‘Ad Alma’.